Friday, June 22, 2007

Plastic model

Plastic model, Tokyo
This photo was took in a toy store and many boxes, printed Japanese cartoon characters on them, are piled up on the shelf.

These are called 'pura model' in Japanese and it means 'plastic model'. The models usually range from Japanese cartoon characters to cars, air planes, choppers, castles.

Many small plastic non-colored parts are inside these box. We enjoy coloring the parts and put together the parts. Coloring and assembling are so delicate and elaborate that the work might be suited to Japanese, some European friend said.

By the way, these characters on the photo is from the cartoon, Gundam, one of most popular cartoon among boys in Japan.

6 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to assembly airplanes with my brother, in Spain we call "modelismo", to this hobby. I don't know the right name in English, sorry =O(.

I liked a lot, but I confess you have to have so much patience, so probably for that we say that is a Chinese or Japanese work, since both cultures are plenty of this talent or God's gift. =O))

I think many kids drive them crazy in Spain assembly the GANDAMU =O))

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the picture is interesting as it reminds me of a library.

I am back from my self-imposed vacation.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, raquel and abraham!!
Raquel,
We seem to love small and subtle.
The arts in your country, on the contrary, are vivid and full of energy. I love it.
abraham,
The piled boxes may look like books.
By the way, how was your vacation?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Japanese toy figures (manga) are VERY POPULAR here in NYC. There are a lot of stores selling these figures.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, really? I heard that Poke-mon was very popular in your country. Now in Japan I saw the long line of waiting people in front of Poke-mon shop some years ago.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Macky, the biggest adult toy store (internet and brick & mortar stores) is KidRobot and it sells a lot of Japanese action figures.

http://www.kidrobot.com/products.cfm?&dept=TOYS&typ=KIDROBOT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home