Sunday, February 18, 2007

Anago don, a kind of Japanese cusine

Anago, Japanese cusine, Tokyo
Anago, Japanese cusine, Tokyo
Anago, Japanese cusine, Tokyo
Anago, Japanese cusine, Tokyo
Anago, Japanese cusine, Tokyo
This cusine is grilled anago, just like unagi, eel, with rice. The anago is slightly more non-fatty than unagi, eel.

The anago is grilled, steamed and then flavored with a special sauce, made of say sauce, sugar, mirin and the other. We eat it with boiled rice. The fish contains many kinds of vitamin and good for health.

We can also eat it with soup flavored with dashi taste and the mixture between rice and soup is called Ochazuke. It is spiced up with a little wasabi, sesami, chopped raw Welsh onion, called negi in Japan, and grated Yuzu, something of citrus.

By the way, Japanese sake, a Japanese alcoholic drink made of rice, goes with this cuisine.

Have a nice week!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Gosh, you are killing me on this. That is my favourite menu. IMHO, Anago is better than Unagi (eel).

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger None YourBusiness said...

Macky,

Have you seen the movie, Letters from Iwo Jima? I saw it last week and thought it was very good. I read that it was causing quite a stir in Japan. I thought that the character Saigo was very Americanized from my experience. I'm wondering what you might think?

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Oya said...

Don't know if I can eat that...

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger isa said...

I love smoked eel - is there any smoked fish in your diet?

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the comments
ben,
I prefer anago to eel. You seem to prefer Japanese traditional cusine!

susan,
Have you seen the movie? That's great! I have not seen the movie, unfortunately. After watching it, I'll email you!!

oya,
I love sandwich of fryed chub mackerel, saba in Japanese, with some yogurt drink, selling at ferry landing in Instanbul.

isabella,
I don't have any smoked fish so much though I like it. Instead, I have grilled fish almost everyday. Especially I prefer chub mackerel, saba.

louz,
It gives out a nice aroma when bonita is sliced with the device.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home