Thursday, July 05, 2007

An antiquarian bookshop in Tokyo

antiquarian bookshops in Tokyo, Japan
There are still now many used and antiquarian bookshops in Tokyo. These books shops are concentrated, above all, along a big street at Jinbosho district. I love such books and the texture of yellowed papers and slightly smell of ink, floating out from printed characters on them, make me relaxed.

By the way, there are some Ukiyo-e, Japanese woodblock prints, shops in this district and I advise you to go there if you would like to buy real but reasonable Ukiyo-e.

3 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Nice photo, Macky. Have you took street shot in that area? I used to go Akihabara,Ochanomizu,Kanda for all sort of window shopping. That will be any electrics, musical instruments, books and so on.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is good idea to take the photos of these area!! I have never taken. There are still now many guitar shops and CD shops on the slope from Ochanomizu Sta. to Yasukuni Dori.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

I bought my Electric Guitar there after long temp work to save money. Good old memory, hum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home