Sunday, February 04, 2007

Mr. Exposed Concrete, Tadao Ando

Tadao Ando, Tokyo

This narrow and round corridor is a part of a building designed by Tadao Ando, a noted architect worldwide. Early works of Tadao Ando feature the simple and elegant texture of exposed concrete. He is also a maestro, skillfully handling the light and shadow. Plus, he has a perfectly sense of scales in his works: the sizes of corridors, rooms, entrances.... They are not too small nor big.

He successfully designs elegant architecture, skillfully controlling the texture, light, shadow and scale.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photo explains it very well.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture, I just love it!

While I'm here I thought I'd let you know that I have moved my site on to Wordpad, unfortunately that means it's time to update those links again.......sorry

South Shields Daily Photo

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger JaamZIN said...

I would feel a bit claustrophobic in that coridor.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home