Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Miso soup



These are the sources of miso soup, a traditional Japanese soup and the soup is indispensable for our daily life, as well as daily photo:-) To make a miso soup, the source and dashi, umami, should be mixed up, then two or three kinds of foods are put into it. The foods are usually diced tofu, cut seaweed, diced Japanese radish, nameko mushroom, cut deep-fried tofu, sliced long green onion and so on. I like the combination of tofu, nameko mushroom and long green onion.

By the way, a traditional breakfast in Japan is, for example, boiled rice, miso soup, grilled fish, fermented soybeans, called natto, and pickled vegetable. But I usually have curry rice with chopped cabbage for breakfast.

7 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Jing said...

ah...miso soup,when we go to the Japanese food restaurant, its one of my best friends' favourite. And, yes, its really delicious!!
:)
For me, the breakfast, after I live here, is some beanmilk, one kind of fruit, and some break/steamed-bread.Thats all.Easy to cook...
But yours sounds a little bit more delicious than mine. :D
...Jing

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Hi Macky,
I know interesting Miso shop in Kameido, they have not only pre-packed one but you can buy them as much as you like, they will measure the grams of it.

I love miso soup.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

This is great information for us. We don't know much about Janapese culture (I don't know). So I find it very interesting. I wouldn't eat vegetables for breakfast, for example. I understand it is quite healthy though. Thanks for good info, Macky

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

jing: your breakfast is healthier than mine. I like beammilk and drink it almost every day.
ben: thanks for your useful information and I'll try it.
carlos: thanks for enjoying my blog.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Macky,
Keep up good job, Yiu blog helps me to keep my old memeoty live. So thank you to you.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Zannnie said...

hmm...i love miso soup too:)

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very late to comment but I love miso soup! I used to work for Sony (in the states) and worked with a lot of Japanese people...we went out to Japanese restaurants a lot.

As for the breakfast, that seems like a lot of food...and a lot of work preparing! I don't normally eat breakfast at all...but if I do, I must have BACON! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home