Thursday, June 07, 2007

Cup Noodle

Cup Noodle
Many kinds of instant noodles are sold at supermarkets and convenience stores in Japan. Now more than 5,000,000,000 are sold in Japan in a year and, in other words, each person eat them more than 50 in a year.

Pot noodles are said to be one of great inventions in 20th century and have dramatically changed the young's meals in Japan. Just pouring boiled water into them and waiting for three minutes will make them eatable. The containers are both utensils for eating and for cooking.
The waiting time, 3 minutes, seems best, neither short nor long. The minutes are quite good "seasoning" for hungry young people.

6 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I ate a lot instant ramen noodles in college. But I always had to eat two packets. One is just too little for me.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Me too. When I was a college student, I had little money and so ate a lot of instant ramen because they are not high. I preferred the big one.

Is this kind of instant noodle sold in US?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Yes, we have this kind of instant noodles but it's American made. It's called Cup-a-Noodles.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Diane Dehler said...

I lived on these things when I was a student. Brings back memories.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

reasonable and instant food seem to be must-items for students!
These noodles are, too, called 'Cup Noodle'.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

my favourite brand used to be Myojo.

nowadays it is the Korean brands :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home